Neighbors Network Temporarily Cancels Scheduled Programs
The mission of Neighbors Network is to provide the resources and services that enable adults 50+ to Thrive in Community!
With our mission in mind and in recognizing that our core population of clients fall into the category of high risk (over 65 years of age, or with underlying health conditions, or with weakened immune systems) the Neighbors Network executive board of directors has made the decision to close our center until further notice. Reopening of our facility will be based upon recommendations from our local, state and government agencies.
What this will look like:
* All scheduled programs, events and activities on our calendar are canceled.
* Curbside distribution of food and supplies from food pantry (while supplies last).
* Phone lines open for referral and support services Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm.
* Clients encouraged to stay home; phone outreach to all regular clients and participants.
* Concierge in-home services will continued to current clients only, and service providers closely monitored. We will not be able to accept any new clients at this time.
* Concierge shopping services will continue to current clients only (we will shop and/or pick-up medications and deliver). We will not be able to accept any new clients at this time.
* All transportation services discontinued.
We want to keep you safe and to help reduce and slow the spread of the infection. As a community-based organization we strive to be responsible and do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Our staff are taking great measure to make sure that we are keeping the center clean and sanitized, however we also understand that social distancing will help to reduce the frequency of contact, thereby reducing the risks of person-to person transmission.
We will continue to monitor this situation and to pay close attention to the recommendation of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. As this situation progresses, we will update you on any changes in future programming.
For additional information relating to COVID-19:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Neighbors Network office at 828.464.1111.
a program established to provide the resources and services that enable adults 50+ to
"Thrive in Community."
What if one call brought neighbors together to a place
that provides them a proven source for solutions to meet their needs...
access to discounted local resources,
referrals to agency that can help older individuals
"Thrive in Community."
It is a sort of neighborhood center, that provides an outlet
where neighbors can help each other with everything
from balancing a checkbook to visiting the doctor's office.
It is a place where neighbors can gather together for
activities, programs, events, exercise and social interactions.
Neighbors Network is just that place.
Open for Programs: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Following the Catawba County Schools closing/delay schedule:
Schools Closed = Neighbors Closed
Schools on a Delay = Neighbors opens at 11:00
(Programs regularly scheduled to Start Prior to 11:00 Cancelled)
Schools Close Early = Neighbors closes at 12:00
(Programs regularly scheduled to Start After 12:00 Cancelled)